1. Introduction to TSLab. Downloading, Configuration and Basic Settings.
In this Lesson you will learn :
- Program installation,configuration, basic settings
- How to organize and customize your workspace
- How to manage data providers for different instruments
- Historical quotes. How to get the data in TSLab
- Charts. Properties, editor window, main settings
- Practical tips for solving possible problems
Please note: you can quickly adjust the video quality of the lecture to a higher or lower resolution, depending on your needs. Just click the gear icon in the bottom right corner and select a setting. If you select “auto”, then it will automatically select the resolution based on the internet bandwidth that’s available. If you have problems watching this video please visit https://support.teachable.com/hc/en-us/articles/219483928
Issue: after downloading the quotes/ offline data you try to plot a chart and see an empty window. The chart stays empty and shows no data.
Solution: go to Chart Properties (right-click) - find the "Use initial date" field- untick the checkbox.
Lesson 1 Homework
- Install TSLab. Click here to download. Save and customize your configuration.
- Download historical futures quotes for SP 500 E Mini/ ES (Quotes>CME Futures>Continuous>ES). Click here
- Create a futures data provider for CME.
- Create a futures chart for ES, set the timeframe to 30 minutes.
- Plot the volume and ATR values to separate chart panels. (Hint: search in the toolbar under “Indicators”).